This Week’s Schedule:
- Tasting Tuesday, 5-7p: Winemaker Tasting: Victor Villar, Castillo de Monjardin
- Beer Thursday, 5-7p: Bad Wolf Brewing Company
- Wine Friday, 5-7p: Spring Selections with Matthew & European Cellars
- Staff Pick Saturday, 2-6p: Staff Pick Tasting
Are you ready for Spring?
It surely looks like spring has sprung finally. The flowers are out, the cherry blossoms are being replaced with leaves, it is time to pack away your winter coats, and lighten up your drinks! We are here to help … with a number of old favorites and new additions that will please any palate or wallet …
From the beer aisles, we have:
- Lonerider Saloon Style Pilsner: A sessionable thirst quencher of a pilsner. Not brewed to be anything fancy, serve cold, get your yard work or grilling done, be refreshed, and grab another one! 4.2% ABV, 35 IBU
- Atlas Brew Works The 1500 South Cap Lager: A baseball beer, made to celebrate DC’s ball club, and to drink whether you are playing a pickup game or just chilling in the stands. 4.7% ABV, 18 IBU
- Allagash Hoppy Table Beer: A hop-forward version of the Belgian traditional low-alcohol sessionable and easy drinking table beer. This is a new year round release for Allagash that’s had a great reception! 4.8% ABV
- Off Color Hell Broth: A special release/collaboration with Danish brewer Amager Bryghus, Hell Broth is a different beast with cranberries, juniper, and lemon blossom honey. Awesome beer for a spring evening. 6.3% ABV, 21 IBU
- Brasserie du Bocq Blanche de Namur: This was just on our tasting bar and has been voted one of the best beers in the world. A very traditional Belgium witbier with everything you expect, at a great price. 4.5% ABV
- Narragansett Del’s Shandy: A collaboration between two iconic Rhode Island brands: Narragansett and Del’s Shandy! A great thirst-quenching blend of Narragansett’s Lager and Del’s lemon concentrate. 4.7% ABV, 14 IBU
From the wine side of things, we have:
- Steenberg Sparkling Sauvignon Blanc: This is a sparkling that is made to fun, fruity, and fresh! If you like the bright fruit notes of Sauvignon Blanc, then grab a bottle of these bubbles next time you are in the Shop.
- Howard Park Miamup Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon: Great patio sipper from Down Under! If you didn’t catch this when it was on our tasting bar, then you missed a treat with its pronounced nose and wonderfully rich texture.
- Avinyo Petillant Blanc: A prickly wine for quaffing from a cool Cava producer in Catalonia. If you have a porrón, this is the white that you need to drink out of it this spring and summer!
- Heinrich Red: A biodynamic red from Austria that wouldn’t be out of place in your cooler as temperatures rise this year. If you missed it on the tasting bar earlier this spring, don’t worry, it won’t break the bank.
- Renegade Wine Company Red Wine: The second label from Sleight of Hand Cellars, this is made for the coolest of wine lovers! Sleight of Hand makes world class wine and wants to have fun doing it and Renegade Red shows it! Great wine, awesome value.
Don’t forget that have ciders, meads, gourmet sodas, chips, ice creams, and more!