This Week’s Schedule:
- Cider Wednesday, 5-7p: Virginia Cider with Jenalyn
- Beer Thursday, 5-7p: Seasonal Beers with the Crystal City Wine Shop Staff
- Wine Friday, 5-7p: Thanksgiving Wines with Molly
- Special Saturday Tasting, 3-6p: Cote-du-Rhone Wines with Flow Wine Group
Getting Ready to Celebrate:
We all love to have reasons to celebrate and with Thanksgiving and Christmas on the horizon, there are plenty of reasons to throw a party, but half the fun is getting ready! Here are a few resources that can help you prepare:
- Cider Week Virginia: Virginia Cider Week showcases locally fermented ciders from across the Commonwealth. From November 11-20, a bevy of tastings, workshops and other events invites cider lovers to experience this historic craft firsthand. Since 2012, when Gov. McDonnell made a Virginia Cider Week Proclamation, Virginia has been celebrating its cider heritage, making it the first state to have an officially proclaimed “Cider Week.” Use the events, website, and the Shop’s selection to stock you Holiday events!
- The Splendid Table: We can all use that great combination of social commentary, solid advice, humor, and comforting presence that the radio provides. If you haven’t tried them, listen to The Splendid Table, their current Thanksgiving episode covers wines with Jancis Robinson, Anthony Bourdain’s Thanksgiving prep, and a story about wild rice.
- Beer & Thanksgiving: If you are looking to pair some awesome craft beers with your Thanksgiving meal, then CraftBeer.com has you covered! Also, check out their great style guide that includes great food pairing recommendations, if you happened to be stumped as to what goes well with that Optimal Wit you grabbed from the Crystal City Wine Shop!
Plus, keep an eye out on our website, Twitter, and Facebook for new beers on the Growler Station, great new Special Events, and more!