With a weekend worthy of a barbecue under our belt, it is time to serious start to think about about what we are going to drink as summer grilling season gets underway! Here is a quick list of great wines that are all available at the Shop now for $25 or less that go great with grilled foods of all kinds. Don’t take these wine and food pairings as gospel, they are suggestions/starting points for your own experimentation. Unlike most everything else that we Americans like to drink, wine is high in acidity, which refreshes the palate. Next to water, wine is probably the most versatile food partner there is, and if you are grilling up a big, juicy steak, who wants to have water!?!
Whites & Roses:
- Zocker Gruner Veltliner (Edna Valley, CA): Try with grilled asparagus, artichokes, smoked fish, or with your salad.
- SLO Down Wines Broken Dreams Chardonnay (CA): Pairs great with grilled herb chicken or any grilled fish.
- Gray Ghost Victorian White (VA): Going a little spicy on the grill? Try this one!
- Lieu Dit Rose of Pinot Noir (Santa Barbara County, CA): Steaming shellfish on the grill? Grilling some fish? Need something extra refreshing? Here’s your bottle!
- Kir-Yianni Akakies (PDO Amyndeon, Greece): Grilled anything! Try it with grilled lamb with herbs or some seared tuna. Have fun!
- Nova Terra Pinot Noir (Veneto, Italy): Herb chicken, duck, and fatty fish will suit this bottle.
- Armas de Guerra Mencia (Bierzo, Spain): Are you slow cooking some pork? Making chicken fajitas or Carne Asada? Try this one!
- Le Petit vin d’Avril Rouge (Rhone, France): Steak.
Don’t forget to ask if you are looking for the perfect beer, cider, or mead for your party!
This Week’s Schedule:
- Beer Thursday, 5-7p: Flying Dog Brewery
- Wine Friday, 5-7p: It’s Time to Grill! Wines for Patio, BBQ, & Picnic
- Staff Pick Saturday, 2-6p: Staff Pick Tasting