Looking for a new way to entertain friends and family? Searching for innovative resident events for your community? Need a corporate team-building event that doesn’t require a ropes course? We offer wine, beer, and cider events to fit every occasion.
Private parties to celebrate a holiday or birthday, a new twist on girls’ night out, a special touch for your next dinner party, not-for-profit events, corporate team-building events, and more.
We offer delivery, discounts, and special orders for our corporate clients who are looking for an easy way to supply their in-house catering functions with a wide-variety of wine, beer, cider, and non-alcoholic beverages. For more information and to contact us about our full offerings, please visit our policies and procedures page.
Private Wine Tastings
The Crystal City Wine Shop is happy to customize a private wine tasting for you! We can offer private wine tastings at your location or at ours and can help you pair it with local chocolates or gourmet cheeses. Everything you need to make your event a success can be provided – a wine specialist, wine, glassware, tasting sheets, wine crackers, and any other special touches required. Here are few ideas, but remember that your imagination in the only limit:
- The ABCs of Wine – Taste the 6 principle grape varieties, red and white.
- Burst that Bubble – Explore the world’s sparkling wines, including Italy’s Prosecco, Spain’s Cava, and France’s Champagne.
- Wines of Virginia – Taste some of the variety that our local producers have to offer!
- RawWine – Natural, Organic, & Biodynamic … discover the wonderful wines that are being made using these earth-friendly methods.
- Region Specific – Choose a country or region from which to taste: Spain, France, California, Australia, the Loire Valley, etc.
- Wine by Variety – Choose a grape and explore its expressions.
Choosing the right beverages for your special day is important and the Crystal City Wine Shop is happy to help! We are here to help with any wine, beer, or cider wedding-related need: wedding reception, engagement party, gifts (wedding favors, gift baskets), pre-wedding (bridal shower, bachelorette, brunch/tea, rehearsal dinner, etc.). Additionally, we are happy to host tastings to help engaged couples preview some of our usual recommendations. Please contact the store for more details and information about arranging a small tasting.