Social Media & Events
We are looking for a Social Media & Events Manager to join our family-owned neighborhood bottle shop. The Social Media & Events Manager will administer the company’s social media marketing and events planning. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Development of brand awareness and visual feel
- Content management
- Continuation and development of existing relationships
- Cultivation of leads and sales
- Planning and production of events ranging from small in-store tastings to large community events
The Social Media & Events Manager will be a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with industry members, current, and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
Manage the Shop’s social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities.
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the Shop’s target customers.
- Create, curate, and manage published content (images, video, & written) alongside ownership.
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users in an appropriate way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Develop and expand the Shop’s community (off-line & on-line).
- Oversee design.
- Manage and monitor online reviews and reputation.
Assisting store ownership with keeping the social media marketing plan up-to-date.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for ownership to show results (ROI).
Manage the Shop’s events.
- Assist owner with scheduling weekly wine and beer tastings, plus special events.
- Work with owner on emails and social media to promote events.
- Work with Assistant Manager to ensure inventory is ready for events.
- Ensure Shop and staff are adequately prepared for events.
- Manage corporate and special events.
Coordinate communications and details of events.
- Calculate budgets and work with corporate and special event contacts to ensure all requests are met.
- Prepare invoices and communicate with owner/Assistant Manager inventory needs.
- Ensure staffing for events.
- Follow leads and develop relationships that create opportunities for new events.
Oversee the Shop’s relationship with Drizly, help market our delivery services, and assist with Drizly corporate sales.
Provide excellent customer service to all Shop customers while being friendly, approachable, and wine smart (not snooty).
Work closely with store ownership/management to ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed, goals and objectives are being met, 100% compliance with all regulations (including VA ABC marketing and events laws), and overall success/quality of the store.
Assisting the Assistant Manager in performing the functions necessary for the basic operation of the Shop in the absence of store ownership.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Possess knowledge and experience in either traditional marketing or social media marketing.
- Experience sourcing, producing, and managing content development and publishing.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective users, and how each can be deployed.
- Excellent writing, language, and communication skills.
- Basic wine/beer knowledge, enthusiasm for the subject, and a willingness to learn!
- Functional knowledge of WordPress and/or personal experience with it.
- Self-motivated, can multi-task, be creative and work independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Valid drivers license and vehicle.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 40 lbs.
- Outgoing and personable attitude.
Part-time position (15-20 hours per week) with negotiable work days. Salary based on experience. Position will grow as events and business grows.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and links to your social media profiles. Send them to email@example.com or drop your materials off in person at the Shop.